Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Maternity Pieces

This is my official maternity shout out. I have several friends who are expecting, some as soon as this month, and others later this year. I know that dressing their pregnant form is not an easy task, but luckily the Gap carries some relatively budget-friendly options to make this process a little less painful and to help ladies maintain their chicness even if they aren't feeling very chic. I checked out some of the "looks" that GapMaternity features on their site, and I wasn't blown away by any of the ensembles. But they did have a few items that echo some of the spring trends. The first being the shirt jacket. They offer a chambray pintuck version that one could use a lot. The second item that I liked is this empire-waisted cami. I know its nothing special, but its rather sweet looking and I like that its featured with a scarf, which is not only a stylish accessory, but I imagine that its a nice little cover up for a pregnant gal who is maybe a little self-conscious about her increasing bustline (just a guess).

No comments: